God is no fool when it comes to the fallen condition of humanity…as Sir Acton observed, “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” That is why in the Bible God teaches us that churches ought to have multiple elders rather than concentrating power in only one person, like the pastor. Our church is overseen by a board of elected Ruling Elders and Teaching Elders (aka “pastors”) which is called the Session.
The members of our session are:
- Senior Pastor – Ian Crooks : (403) 329-1446
- Ruling Elder – Josh DeGroot : (403) 715-9518
- Ruling Elder – Ron Hoogerdyk : (403) 345-5380
- Ruling Elder – Richard Lieuwen : (403) 381-3036
- Ruling Elder – Allan Van Dyk : (403) 320-2640
- Ruling Elder – John Van Dyk : (403) 345-4615
- Ruling Elder – Hank Veenstra : (403) 223-9578
- Ruling Elder – Ralph Witten : (403) 331-0099
Our current pastor is:
The Bible also teaches that churches ought not to seperate themselves from other churches and try to “go it alone” but rather they should join together to form councils as the early church did with the Jesusalem Council (Acts 15) to help the local churches and to offer accountability. We call these local councils “Presbyteries” because they are a gather of the local presbyters or “elders”. As part of the Presbyterian Church in America, our church is a member of the Western Canada Presbytery which covers B.C., Alberta and Saskatchewan. Also, the PCA holds an annual General Assembly in which representatives of all the local congregations can gather together to encourage one another, to address issues, and to work together to bring the good news to the world.