While the Bible is our only infallible rule of faith and practice, we at Westminster Chapel believe that the ancient creeds of Christianity and the system of doctrine contained in the Westminster Standards are faithful summaries of what the Bible teaches. In particular,
- We believe that the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in its original manuscripts. It is therefore infallible and authoritative in all that it teaches.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is but one God only, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all men are, by nature, dead in sin and utterly unable to save themselves from God’s holy wrath, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who, through His perfect life and sacrificial death, atoned for the sins of all those who will trust in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return bodily and visibly to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.